John Deere X350R with 107 cm (42 in.) Rear-Discharge Deck
Lawn and Garden
Ride on mowers
- 14 kW (19 hp) V-twin iTorque Power System
- 107 cm (42 in.) Edge™ Rear-discharge, Rear-collect Deck
- Hydrostatic Transmission
- Mow up to 1.4 ha (3.5 ac.)
Serviceability convenience is built in
The one-piece hood opens easily to permit checking and servicing the engine:
- Important service points are located within easy reach.
- A service-interval decal is provided inside the tractor hood for convenience when servicing the tractor.
- The high-quality engine used in the X350R does not require an 8-hour oil and filter change because improvements in the manufacturing process and quality of parts, components, and oils have eliminated the need for the short interval oil change requirement.
The engine fuel and oil filters, the oil check/fill tube, and the oil drain tube are exposed for serviceability when the hood is opened.
Hopper adjustment and removal
Hopper latch is easily adjustable for operator preference and conditions:
- Spring can be located in any of three holes.
- More latching effort is required for hilly or rough operating conditions.
The hopper is easily removed by using the rear handle to raise the back end of the hopper 25 degrees, or about 5 in. (13 cm), and then using both handles to lift the hopper vertically out of the notches:
- No tools are required.
- There is nothing to disconnect.
The chute can be easily pulled out and removed:
- Chute must be at least partially pulled out before removing the mower deck.
- Removing the chute makes cleaning it easy.
Modern styling is eye-appealing and functional
Smooth, rounded contours present a modern, stylish appearance:
- Hood styling incorporates efficient full-length air-intake louvers on each side, rather than on the top, for cooler engine operation and lower operator station sound levels.
- Hot air is vented out the front grille, away from the operator.
- Molded-in-color hood material is very durable.
- Excellent impact strength
- Resists weathering
- Will not rust or dent
- Distinctive grille and large, one-piece fender deck complete the styling package.
Exact Adjust ports and on-board deck-leveling tools make precise deck adjustments easy
A mower deck must be level side-to-side and properly adjusted front-to-rear to give the best cutting performance. A removable on-board deck-leveling gauge and a hex-key tool are provided to make adjustment easy. They are securely stored under the tractor seat.
Exact Adjust leveling ports are provided on each side of the operator platform above the mower-level adjusting bolts. With the hex-shaped tool, they provide convenient access to allow quick and easy adjustment of the mower for the best-cut quality of cut.
The Exact Adjust feature is standard on all Select Series™ X300 and X500 Tractors:
- There is no need to reach under the fender deck while making the mower-level adjustment.
- On-board deck-leveling gauge, Exact Adjust ports, and the hex tool work together.
- Level the mower deck side to side
- Set the correct amount of rake (front-to-back deck orientation)
- Calibrate the cutting height to the cut-height adjusting knob setting
- Exact Adjust simplifies leveling the mower deck if equipped with a Power Flow™ blower.
- To give the best cut, mower level should be adjusted if alternately mowing with and without blower installed. The Exact Adjust feature makes this easy.
Consult the operator's manual for the correct adjusting procedures for each tractor model. Basic adjusting steps to properly level the mower deck include:
- Park the tractor on a level surface.
- Inflate tires to the correct pressure.
- Consult the label for the cutting-height knob that is located on the console of the machine. This label shows deck-leveling position and location of deck-leveling adjustment points.
- Set mower cutting-height knob to the correct deck-leveling position.
- For X300 models, use position 2.75
- For all other models, use position 2.5
- Adjust mower wheels as necessary so they do not contact the ground surface.
- Remove the onboard deck-leveling gauge that is located under the seat.
- Using the Exact Adjust ports and tool, adjust mower deck side-to-side level so the deck-leveling gauge just slips under the left and right lower deck rim at the designated adjustment points. The location of adjustment points will vary slightly between decks.
- Left- and right-rear adjustment points are under the deck rim near the rear mower wheels, if equipped.
- Adjust mower deck front-to-back level, if necessary.
- Loosen rear nuts equally on each side of front lift rod.
- Turn front nut equally on each side clockwise to raise front of mower or counterclockwise to lower it until gauge just slips under the front adjustment point.
- Tighten rear nuts after adjustment is complete.
- Return the gauge to its storage position.
NOTE: The adjusting tool supplied with the tractor is an 8-mm ball-hex key, part number M162737. The rounded end allows for some misalignment with the bolt as the deck is adjusted.
Steering is low-effort sector and pinion system
A heavy-duty sector and pinion steering system with quality bearings provides easy and precise control for the life of the tractor:
- Tight turning radius of 16.5 in. (42 cm) provides good maneuverability.
- Easy steering promotes mowing efficiency and operator comfort.
Easy steering is important to give the operator an enjoyable mowing experience:
- Large, 14-in. (36-cm) diameter steering wheel gives good leverage for easy turns.
- Larger sector gear gives improved (increased) steering ratio.
- Higher steering ratio results in less effort to turn the wheel.
- Ball-joints on both ends of the steering tie rod and drag link maintain accurate steering longer.
- Long steering drag link improves mechanical advantage of the steering system though the full range of motion.
- Sector gear pivots on a shaft rather than a bushing.
- This ensures proper gear mesh and eliminates binding to result in easier steering.
- Greaseable front steering spindles improves wear over time.
Controls and display functions are easy to identify and convenient to use
The contoured dash has clean, attractive styling and ergonomic controls for easy use:
- Controls are color-coded and labeled with English words for easy identification by the operator.
- Controls are logically placed and easy to reach.
- The power take-off (PTO) switch allows the operator to get fingers underneath it, like a T-handle, to pull up for easy activation.
- The reverse implement option (RIO) switch is a yellow button.
- The latch control on foot-lift models and hydraulic-lift control on power-lift models and the park brake latch are pivot levers for low effort.
- Cruise control activation is handled by an automotive-style button.
- Separate engine speed and choke controls make starting and warming up the engine easier in cold weather.
- The choke lever is spring loaded to eliminate the chance the tractor will be unintentionally operated with the choke partially closed.
Display has the look and feel of a modern automobile. A power-up sequence cycles lights and gauges to indicate they are working:
- Display features dark-cockpit design to minimize operator distractions.
- Display is back lit for night visibility.
- Night visibility is especially useful with snow blower use.
- When the hopper is full, the hopper-full light comes on and a buzzer will sound. The operator will need to manually shut off the PTO.
- Hourmeter makes it easy to tell when oil changes and other maintenance should be performed.
- Low-fuel light provides the operator with a noticeable warning when low on fuel.
- A tachometer graphically displays engine speed.
- Target-zone graphics inform the operator of the engine speed range to use for best cut quality.
- An indicator tells the operator when the PTO is operating.
- Bright caution and stop lights capture the operator's attention when important information is on the instrument cluster.
- Damage can be prevented and repair costs reduced by addressing problems early.
- Operators are advised of what the problem is if they attempt to operate the mower with unsatisfied PTO, seat, or park brake interlocks.
- The indicators are also useful to identify the reasons the PTO or engine may have shut off when an interlock is unsatisfied.
- Operators are advised if battery voltage is low, normal, or excessive.
- The service indicator light illuminates to indicate a diagnostic error code is stored.
- On-board diagnostics provides trouble codes for use by trained technicians.
- For example, a technician will be able to test switch functionality and circuit continuity without tools.
Twin Touch™ foot control
Twin Touch foot pedals control the speed and direction of travel:
- Automotive-type accelerator control ensures easy operation.
- Operator can change direction without lifting foot off the platform.
- Large pedal surface gives superior operator comfort.
Cruise control is standard equipment:
- To engage, push the cruise-control button and hold until the foot is removed from the forward pedal.
- For emergency stop, the cruise control can be released by pushing on the brake pedal or the forward pedal.
Mower deck height adjustment
Rotary dial knob makes adjusting mower cut height quick and easy:
- Provides mower cut heights in 0.25-in. (6.4-cm) increments from 1 in. (2.5 cm) to 3.5 in. (8.9 cm)
- Mower deck returns to same preset height each time it is lowered
Storage for the onboard deck-leveling gauge and the Exact Adjust tool is provided in the storage tray under the tractor’s seat.
- Exact Adjust ports allow for easy and accurate leveling of the mower deck for optimum mowing performance
Foot-pedal lift system
Pushing with the foot to raise the mower or implement is less strenuous for many operators:
- The easy-to-use raised position lock operates similarly to the park brake lock.
- The foot pedal is out of the way and not likely to catch on bushes and tree limbs when mowing.
- The mower deck returns to same preset height each time it is lowered.
- A spring is provided to minimize lift effort.
- An optional BM24810 supplemental lift-assist spring kit (X350R) is required for snow blower use on the X350R.
- The mower will not be inadvertently locked in the raised position when mowing through ditches.
- When installing or removing a mower or front equipment raised by the foot lift system, spring tension may be removed from the connection points by pulling rearward on the lift pedal and raising the lift latch to hold the pedal in the rearward position.
Parking brake control
Depressing brake pedal applies internal wet disk brakes (increased durability and longer life) for safe stopping.
Parking brake control is conveniently located for easy access; holds brake pedal securely in locked position.
Operator station is comfortable and convenient
The operator station is designed for operator comfort and ease of using controls:
- A large, 14-in. (36-cm) diameter steering wheel is comfortable to use and minimizes steering effort.
- Full-length foot mats provide comfort for the operator and protect the footrest area.
An open-back 15-in. (38-cm) high-back seat provides a comfortable, smooth ride and good support for the operator:
- Seat travel of 7 in. (18 cm) with 15 positions allows the operator to be seated comfortably and easily operate the controls.
- Seat can be easily adjusted fore and aft by the operator while sitting on the seat.
- Open-back design allows air circulation to keep the operator's back cool and dry for a more comfortable ride.
- Grasp at the top of the seat is conveniently located for use when tilting the seat up to protect it from the weather.
The seat suspension is adjustable, without tools, for the weight of the operator:
- Springs are adjustable fore and aft to any of three positions.
- No tools require
- Allows fine-tuning of the suspension for the operator's weight
- Back position for more support for heavier operators
- Tool tray is designed into the seat base.
- Can be used to store gloves, small tools, etc.
- Provides storage location for Exact Adjust tool and deck-leveling gauge (tool and depth-leveling gauge not shown in photo)
A cup holder and tool tray are located on the fender for operator convenience:
- The cup holder holds a variety of container sizes.
- Tool tray provides convenient storage.
- Cup holder and tool tray are constructed of durable acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) plastic.
Removable plug for optional 12-V outlet
A removable plug on the console, in front of the operator, provides a convenient location for the optional 12-V outlet and makes installation easy.
- Convenient for plugging in cell phone charger and other electric devices
- Can be used to operate electric rear equipment, such as a sprayer or spreader
12-V fast connector
A mid-vehicle, 12-V fast connector, located under the tractor’s fuse box, is included as standard equipment to reduce initial installation time for some attachments that operate on 12-V power from the tractor:
- The four-cavity connector includes battery, ground, and key switch terminals and is turned on and off with the ignition switch.
Rear hopper has large capacity and is easy to empty
The innovative design of the rear hopper sets a high standard for collecting systems:
- Hopper is constructed of durable fabric for flexibility, where needed.
The rear hopper is shipped in the returnable shipping crate with the tractor:
- Minimizes shipping cost
- No extra carton material of which to dispose
The hopper is made of durable materials and sealed to keep dust away from the operator.
42-in. (107-cm) Rear-Discharge Rear-Collect Mower Deck cuts clean
The innovative design of the 42-in. (107-cm) Edge™ Rear-Discharge Deck combines the best features for reliability and superior performance when mowing, collecting, and mulching grass and leaves:
- The mower deck is stamped from 11-gauge, 0.120-in. (3-mm) steel to provide smooth contours for a quality appearance and excellent performance.
- Easy to install or remove mulch plug is included as standard equipment.
- The included AM147289 blades provide optimal collection/rear discharge and good mulching results in many conditions. For optimal mulching, AM140332 mulching blades are available.
- With no side-discharge chute, the mower can trim on either side for mowing efficiency and convenience.
- A smaller storage area requirement is an additional benefit.
- A standard V-belt and non-timed blade design gives superior reliability and trouble-free operation.
- Offset mower blades permit blade overlap with the use of a standard V-belt drive.
- The blades cut cleanly without being able to contact each other.
- Cut-height increments of 0.25 in. (0.64 cm) allow for operating the mower at the optimum cutting height.
- An Exact Adjust deck-leveling system is provided to make keeping the deck properly adjusted easy.
The mower deck is contoured and free of obstructions to ensure optimum cutting and bagging performance:
- Grass clippings flow smoothly around the deck and up the chute into the hopper.
- Clipping buildup is minimized to ensure continued high-performance and easy cleanup.
- Special discharge blades (standard equipment) have a large wing to propel grass clippings up the chute and into the hopper.
- Mower fills and packs the 8.5-bu (300-L) hopper with a large volume of grass clippings and/or leaves.
Standard mulch plug
Mulch plug easily installs in place of hopper:
- A mulch plug is included with the model year 2017 and later X350R as standard equipment (serial number 20,001-).
- Mulch plug is ideal for times when collecting grass clippings and leaves is not desired. The rear hopper can be easily removed and the mulch plug installed.
- Plug closes off opening on bottom of deck so material cannot enter the chute.
- The included AM147289 blades provide optimal bagging and rear discharge performance and good mulching results in many conditions.
- For optimal mulching, AM140332 mulching blades are available.
A wash port is provided on the mower deck. It can be used to supply water to the underside of the deck so it can be easily cleaned after use:
- The wash ports is designed for hose quick-connect fitting.
- Connect hose to the wash port and operate the mower to clean.
- Using the wash port cleans bottom of deck and chute.
- The wash port works best if used immediately after the mowing job is completed.
- Use of the wash port prevents buildup of material from affecting performance the next time the mower is used.
Optional rear deflector (BM25065) easily installs in place of hopper:
- No tools required for installation
- Deflects clippings in an even pattern behind the tractor
Frame is reliable heavy-duty welded steel
The frame is made of heavy formed and welded steel, reinforced in critical areas for even greater strength.
The steel front side of the hopper is bolted to the rear of the tractor frame:
- Reinforces the frame and provides a solid support for the hopper
- Frame formed from 12-gauge, 0.105-in. (2.66-mm) thick material
- Standard front bumper formed from 9-gauge, 0.15-in. (3.8-mm) steel to complete the frame assembly
- An optional front weight bracket/bumper is available for adding Quik-Tatch weights.
A standard rear hitch is included for pulling tow-behind equipment. Simply lift off the hopper and the hitch is ready to use.
Engine is smooth-running and reliable V-twin air-cooled design
The tractor is powered by a John Deere iTorque™ Power System, a combination of engine features and an exclusive hood design that provides superior lugging ability, even cooling, and durability.
A large 603-cc, 18.5-hp (13.8-kW) engine has plenty of power and torque for superior performance. The larger, more powerful engine also allows the engine in the rear-discharge tractor to be operated at a lower 3100-rpm speed for quieter operation.
Key engine features include:
- 18.5 hp (13.8 kW)
- Large 603-cc displacement
- Quality features include:
- Cast-iron cylinder liners
- Overhead valves
- Full-pressure lubrication
- Replaceable oil filter
- Dual-stage air cleaner
- V-twin design:
- Excellent power and performance
- Easy starts
- Smooth operation
A flywheel alternator provides plenty of capacity to quickly recharge the battery and power electrical equipment, such as lights or a sprayer:
- 15-amp capacity
- Regulated to keep the battery at full charge without risk of overcharging
Request a Quote
Error, ensure all information is entered
Your content has been submitted
The information on this page is correct at time of publish and as per John Deere Aus. We reserve the right to change content at any time without prior notice. For more information please contact us.
Last Updated :
December 12,2018 12:21:21 Central Standard Time
X394 with 122 cm (48 in.) Deck
The Select Series™ X300 Tractors from John Deere - manoeuvrability masters designed for homeowners who mow up to 3.5 acres and have varied terrain and light- to moderate-duty yard ...
X390 with 122 cm (48 in.) Deck
The Select Series™ X300 Tractors from John Deere - manoeuvrability masters designed for homeowners who mow up to 3.5 acres and have varied terrain and light- to moderate-duty yard ...
X384 with 122 cm (48 in.) Deck
The X384 Ride-on Mower has four-wheel steering for superior manoeuvrability and tight trimming. It is a premium ride-on mower at an attractive price that comes with a smooth-runnin...