Factory-installed mechanical mower deck lift components reduces dealer initial mower deck install
- The 2025R model includes factory-installed mechanical deck lift components.
- The addition of these components from the factory significantly reduces the time required to do the initial mower deck installation at the time of purchase.
- Refer to the mowers and material collection page for more details on mower deck installation and compatibility.
Easy-to-use hydrostatic transmission (HST) increases efficiency
The 2R Series are equipped with a two-range hydrostatic transmission (HST) incorporated in a die-cast aluminum transmission case. Fluid under pressure transmits engine power to the drive wheels via a closed-loop pump and motor arrangement. Infinite ground speeds allow the operator to match the speed of the tractor to the job.
- No clutching for fast and easy direction changes
- Twin Touch™ foot pedals for quick and easy forward/reverse operation
- Transmission oil cooler cools transmission oil for longer transmission life
Safety features of the HST include:
- The tractor will only start with the range lever in neutral
- If the range lever is in gear when the key is turned to the start position, the instrument panel instructs the operator to shift to neutral
- The engine will shut off if the operator leaves the seat and the forward/reverse pedals are depressed
Transmission has two speeds - hi and lo range.
- The range lever is located next to the seat, conveniently within reach of the operator
- All tasks can be performed using two ranges on the 2025R which means less shifting throughout the day
Durability features include:
- Large forged one-piece trunnion shaft with larger support bearings that reduce vibration and noise
- Innovative transaxle combines an HST, gear reduction axle, and clutch
- Pressure side filtration allows the use of a fine-mesh filter
- One pump to supply charge pressure and implement A flow divider splits the flow to various circuits throughout the tractor.
- The transaxle has an oil cooler which provides improved hydraulic cooling performance
Superb serviceability improves productivity
Regular service and maintenance are essential to the performance, productivity, and longevity of the tractor.
- Two quarter-turn fasteners allow operators to easily remove the engine side panels without tools to access to the engine compartment
- The under-hood gas-lift support provides easy access to the engine compartment and eliminates the need for a mechanical prop rod
- External hood latch requires no tools and can release using the tractor key
- Easy access to regular service points minimizes service time
- Daily service checks, such as checking the engine oil or water separator, can be done without opening the hood or removing the tractor side panels
- Tractors are equipped with a mechanical air filter restriction indicator that alerts the operator when the air filter needs to be cleaned or changed
- All external engine, fuel and transmission filters are easily accessible
- Fuel tank is located on the rear of the tractor to allow for easy access when fueling
NOTE: Always refer to the operator’s manual for complete maintenance and service recommendations.
Premium independent mower lift system allows quick and easy adjustment
The optional premium independent lift system has been improved over the current 1 Family system by now allowing the operator to have full control of the mower deck in both the raise and lower positions. When the operator reaches the desired height, the button can be released and the deck will hold its position. This feature reduces the effort required to adjust the height-of-cut (HOC) dial and it also allows for quick height changes on the go.
Durable, efficient, high-torque 3-cylinder diesel engine provides adequate power
Power is provided by a durable and efficient high-torque three-cylinder Yanmar® TNV Series diesel engine.
This series of engines was developed to meet Tier 4 Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) environmental requirements by featuring low levels of both exhaust and emissions.
Gross engine hp
Yanmar TNV Series engine offers these features:
- Economical for good cooling and long life
- Isolated engine provides reduced vibration and noise for the operator; indirect fuel injection uses a precombustion chamber to give the engine a smooth and quiet operation; aluminum-alloy piston with built-in steel struts are lightweight to reduce connection rod bearing loads and provide good heat transfer characteristics
- Design permits tighter tolerances and neutralizes expansion of the piston, thereby reducing blow-by gas and less noise from the piston slap
- Higher top rings on the piston and a thinner head gasket greatly reduces the volume of unburned waste gases and increases combustion efficiency
- Timing-gear teeth have a designed roll-off profile giving almost no clash, no noise, and no backlash
- High-torque reserve provides plenty of power under heavy load, yet retains excellent fuel economy
- Easy access to engine check and fill points on the right-hand side of the tractor by removing the side panels
- Fuel filter with replaceable element
- Full-pressure lubrication system provides filtered oil under pressure to all vital engine parts
- Glow plugs provide quick starts in temperatures down to 18°C (0°F) (Optional engine coolant heater attachment will assist starting under more extreme conditions.)
- Auto-bleed fuel system means there is no special bleeding required if the tractor runs out of fuel; this system will self-prime the injection pump, lines, and injectors, providing fast fuel recovery
- Key start and shut off eliminates fuel shut-off knob
- Electric solenoid shuts fuel supply off immediately when key is turned off
- See-through coolant recovery tank permits operator to check coolant level without removing radiator cap
- Dry-type air cleaner with safety element keeps dirt and other contaminants out of the engine
- Safety element (second filter) will protect engine if primary filter would develop a leak
- Protects engine when servicing primary filter
- Air filter restriction indicator is standard equipment on the 2025R Tractor
- Sealed-radiator compartment keeps trash and debris on outside of hood
- Horizontal exhaust discharges fumes away from the operator station, reducing noise and improving operator visibility and comfort
Yanmar is a trademark of Yanmar Company Limited.
Implement compounding improves efficiency
- Loader, mid-mower, and a variety of rear hitch implements can be attached to the tractor at the same time
Optional premium independent mid lift system operates independent of the rear 3-point hitch. This gives the operator the flexibility to leave the mid mower attached when completing other tasks.
Fast and easy implement changeover offers versatility
- Front Quik-Tatch™ hitch makes changing front implements quick and easy
- All front implements (blades, brooms, and snow blowers) use a common hitch
- AutoConnect™ Mid-Mount Mower Deck, 120R Loader, and 260B Backhoe can be taken on or off within 5 minutes, and no tools are required
- Changing rear implements is a snap with the iMatch™ Quick-Hitch, which has three fixed points to back in and pick up a rear implement that is iMatch™ compatible
Increase productivity with optional auto throttle feature
An optional auto throttle kit is available for the 2025R Tractors. This feature is designed to make the tractor quieter and use less fuel. With auto throttle installed, the engine rpm and transmission speed will increase as the Twin Touch™ pedals are depressed. This feature can be beneficial for use in many different applications, especially for front loader work and when transporting on roads or in parking lots.
For loader work, producers will get maximum benefit from the system by increasing engine rpm with the hand throttle to at least 50 percent. Once the hand throttle is set, auto throttle will help provide the feeling of a power boost when the producer is filling the bucket with material from a pile. The harder the hydro pedal is pressed, the more engine speed available. In this scenario, as the producer presses the pedal, the engine will operate between 50 percent throttle and 100 percent throttle. It will not go below 50 percent until the hand throttle is lowered back down.
In power take-off (PTO) applications such as mowing or snow blowing, auto throttle is not recommended because PTO implements usually require a constant speed in order to properly function.
Open operator's station is comfortable and convenient
The operator’s station has been designed to allow for greater operator comfort and increased visibility. The ergonomic layout and convenient color coded controls with large labels allow for easy identification and operation. Large and easy to grab handrails are located on each fender for an easier on and off of the tractor from either side.
Below are other key features of the 2025R Tractor operator’s station:
- Sloping hood design provides improved visibility
- Plenty of room for comfortable operation
- Cup holder, multiple storage compartments, and a 12-V outlet ensures an organized operator’s station
- Fender-mounted handrails are large and easy to grab, assist the operator in getting on and off the tractor
- Rubberized floor mat design to reduce vibration and noise
- Step-through operator platform makes getting on and off the tractor easy
- Front-horizontal exhaust for increased operator visibility
- Controls have been raised and integrated into the fender for operator comfort and ease of use
- Large, easy-to-read decals provide clear instructions for experienced and even non-experienced operators
- Portable toolbox integrated into the front frame of the tractor
- Fuel tank is located on the rear of the tractor to allow for easy access when fueling
- The left-side step allows for easy access on and off the tractor
- Foot platform has non-skid surface
The thick, soft padding on this seat provides a smooth and comfortable ride. A high, scalloped back makes it easier for the operator to turn to view rear implements.
- Seat adjusts fore/aft for operator convenience
- Seat flips forward for protection from the elements
- High seat back and armrests are in base equipment and allow for a more comfortable operation
- Retractable seat belt feature prevents the seat belt from becoming tangled in the seat suspension and controls
Key features of the operator’s station include:
- Tilt steering wheel design in base equipment on the 2025R Tractor
- Allows the operator to adjust the steering wheel to the most comfortable position
- Provides additional clearance for the operator to enter and exit the tractor
- Provides easy return to the fully raised position
- Provides plenty of room for comfortable operation
- Easy-fold rollover protective structure (ROPS) allows the tractor to be used or stored in low-clearance environments
Standard equipment lighting includes:
- Two front-mounted sealed-beam halogen headlights
- Two amber-flashing warning/hazard lights mounted on the side of the rollover protective structure (ROPS) with reflectors
- Two additional fender lights are standard on the 2025R
- Additional front- and rear-light kits are available as a field fit kit
For those operators requiring additional lighting, additional light options are available as a field fit kit:
- Premium light kit
- Two light-emitting diode (LED) fender lights
- Two LED ROPS work lights (adjustable 360 degrees for forward or rear lighting)
- One LED rear PTO light
- Auxiliary rear work light
- One halogen light
- Forward halogen work light kit
- Contains two ROPS mounted lights
- Forward LED work light kit
- Contains two ROPS mounted lights
NOTE: Lights mounted to the ROPS will require the warning light brush guard kit.
Optional work light brush guards can ordered to protect lights from debris.
Optional iMatch™ Quick-Hitch allows for easy implement hookup
One of the greatest customer concerns involves difficulty in attaching tractor implements. John Deere has addressed this issue with the iMatch Quick-Hitch.
The iMatch Quick-Hitch provides easy hookup and a guaranteed fit for all Category 1 implements that are designed to meet the ASABE Category 1 Standard S278.6 for quick-attach hitches.
- All implements require a set of bushings in order for the attachment to fit and work properly with the iMatch Quick-Hitch. One set of bushings comes with the iMatch Quick-Hitch.
NOTE: The bushing set can be seen in the picture above. These bushings allow the hooks on the iMatch and the pins on the implement to fit together properly. All other implements (box blades, tillers, rear blades, etc.) will require a set of bushings to enlarge the pin to fit with the iMatch hooks. Bushings of different lengths can be found in the parts system or through a bushing supplier (see dimensions below).
- Upper bushing
- Inside diameter: 1.93-1.95 cm (0.76-0.77 in.)
- Outside diameter: 3.15-3.18 cm (1.24-1.25 in.)
- Lower bushings
- Inside diameter: 2.24-2.26 cm (0.88 to 0.89 in.)
- Outside diameter: 3.63-3.66 cm (1.43 to 1.44 in.)
Request a Quote
Error, ensure all information is entered
Your content has been submitted
The information on this page is correct at time of publish and as per John Deere Aus. We reserve the right to change content at any time without prior notice. For more information please contact us.
Last Updated :
November 05,2018 04:00:58 Central Standard Time
The 2036R Compact Utility Tractor is designed for customers who desire the power and productivity of a compact utility tractor without making compromises on the quality, versatilit...