John Deere 725D
- Windrowing capability with 700D Drapers
- Double-cut knife system produces a cleaner cut
- Dual-knife drive system is timed
- Cutterbar is closer to the ground
Draper feeding option for the 700D
A draper feeding option is available for model year 2018 that will be offered for the full 700D Rigid Draper lineup. This option code will include larger top crop augers with the necessary hydraulic components and mounting hardware as well as an improved seal kit to keep the grain in the draper and not left on the ground.
- Smoother feeding in tough crop conditions from a 50 percent increase in top crop auger diameter
- Increased performance in tough feeding crops with twice the torque on top crop auger motors
- 45 percent reduced center-feed section losses
The top crop auger has been increased in size from 304.8 mm to 457.2 mm (12 in. to 18 in.) with deeper auger flighting to give increased control in bushy crop conditions. This results in even feeding to the center feed drum, which creates a smooth transition to the feederhouse. The seal kit for the center feed section has added rubber seals on both sides of the center feed drum, preventing losses from grain falling outside of the center feed drum.
Large, center feed drum improves feeding of crop into combine feederhouse
The center feed drum is designed for efficient, consistent feeding of the crop into the combine feederhouse. A feature for 700D Draper Platforms is a feed drum retractable auger finger to improve crop feeding at the corners of the feed drum.
- 406-mm (16-in.) diameter feed drum significantly improves feeding of the crop into the combine feederhouse
- Strategic location improves crop handling and capacity, increasing productivity in high-volume crops such as irrigated wheat, barley, or canola
- Combine performance is improved due to retractable fingers that enable smoother feeding
- Capacity increase in tough conditions by 20 percent due to an upgraded center feed section slip clutch
The feed drum protrudes forward from the draper back sheets, improving the crop handoff from the draper side belts. An increase in slip clutch torque of the center feed drum from 1200 Nm to 1650 Nm allows for increased capacity in tough crop conditions
In some crop conditions, crop can hesitate at the corners of the feed drum but the retractable drum fingers keep the crop moving into the combine.
Reel resume and reverse are features on the 700D Drapers
Reel resume and reverse are features on the 700D Drapers. The combine operator can store two different reel positions with one setting for normal conditions and another for down, tangled, short, or leaning crops.
- Added time savings and convenience with saved reel positions, lowering operator fatigue
- Increased harvest efficiency through a reel-reverse feature which reverses the reel in conjunction with the center feed drum and belt to back outplugs
Double-cut knife system produces a cleaner cut
All John Deere 700D Drapers include a double-cut knife which features a hydraulic tilt that is controlled from inside the cab. All 10.6-m (35-ft) and 12.1-m (40-ft) draper cutterbars have knifeback reinforcement straps to strengthen the knifeback.
- Maximized productivity through longer stroke of knife section provides a faster, cleaner, and smoother cut, which allows operators to harvest at faster ground speeds
- Productivity is maximized in tough conditions through a reinforced knifeback that strengthens the cutterbar
- Reduced cost of operation and increased wear life with hardened sickle sections and unique boron treatment
- Hydraulic tilt optimizes the cutterbar angle for varying conditions, extending the harvest day and providing the lowest-possible cut height
The 100-mm (4-in.) cutting action produces a cleaner cut versus the tearing effect of shorter-stroke cutting systems. Knife hold-downs are easily adjusted to help maintain harvesting performance.
The cutterbar hydraulic tilt adjusts a full 8 degrees while maintaining excellent visibility to the cutterbar throughout the tilt range. For improved ease of use, the optional advanced hydro handle can be configured to control the platform tilt.
Dual-knife drive system is timed
The unique dual-knife drive system is timed, creating the smoothest-possible reciprocating knife-drive system currently in the industry. The positive, reliable shaft-driven dual epicyclical in-line knife drives with built-in driveline protection, provide operators with the strongest knife-drive system.
Takes one person a few minutes to convert draper from field to transport without use of tools
The 730D, 735D, and 740D Draper models can be equipped with an integrated, slow-speed transport system.
John Deere value:
Need for a header trailer is eliminated due to dual-front dolly wheel tires with an extendable tongue and two-gauge wheel tires that can carry the complete weight of the draper when in transport
Road transport is quicker and easier because one person can convert the draper from field to transport mode in a few minutes without the use of tools
Theory of operation
In field mode, the dual wheels become the left- and right-hand gauge wheels. For transport, the left-hand dual-dolly wheels support one side of the draper frame and the right-hand dual wheels are repositioned to support the right-hand end of the frame.
The transport package includes warning lights, which can be plugged into a seven-way power source for road transport with a 32.2-km/h (20-mph) speed limit for farm equipment transport.
NOTE: The 730D, 735D, and 740D Drapers are equipped with two ST215/75R14 gauge wheel tires as base equipment and four ST215/75R14 gauge wheels with the low-speed transport option.
Request a Quote
Error, ensure all information is entered
Your content has been submitted
The information on this page is correct at time of publish and as per John Deere Aus. We reserve the right to change content at any time without prior notice. For more information please contact us.
Last Updated :
October 11,2018 05:46:22 Central Daylight Time