John Deere 635D
- Windrowing capability with 600D Drapers
- Double-cut knife system produces a cleaner cut
- Cutterbar is closer to the ground
- Stainless-steel feed floor
One-piece reel design enhances productivity
The one-piece steel-tine reel sweeps material from cutterbar onto draper, enhancing smooth feeding and improves operator visibility. The steel-tine reel is recommended for rice and other tough crop and material handling conditions. All reels feature a low-profile pickup design to allow gentle entry into the crops to reduce shatter loss.
A large-diameter, 254-mm (10-in.) reel center tube provides the structural strength needed to support a one-piece steel-tine reel design on 630D and 630FD Platforms. It also allows for better operator visibility and unobstructed crop flow to the combine. The steel-tine reel features strong steel pickup fingers and bats that are tear-drop shaped to reduce crop wrapping and snagging. The 625D uses a 204-mm (8-in.) reel center tube.
The steel tine reel option is available on the 625D, 630D, and 630FD only.
- The optional 625D steel-tine reel features an extra-large 137-cm (54-in.) diameter pickup reel with a 204-mm (8-in.) center tube diameter.
- The optional 630D/630FD steel-tine reel features a 106-cm (42-in.) diameter pickup reel with a 254-mm (10-in.) center tube diameter.
The one-piece design provides:
- Sweeps material from cutterbar onto draper belts
- Enhances the smooth, fast feeding of the draper platform
- Improves visibility
Large, center feed drum improves feeding of crop into combine feederhouse
The center feed drum is designed for efficient, consistent feeding of the crop into the combine feederhouse. A feature for 600D Draper Platforms is a feed drum retractable auger finger to improve crop feeding at the corners of the feed drum.
- 406-mm (16-in.) diameter feed drum significantly improves feeding of the crop into the combine feederhouse
- Strategic location improves crop handling and capacity, increasing productivity in high-volume crops such as irrigated wheat, barley, or canola
- Retractable fingers enable smoother feeding and better performance of the combine
Theory of Operation:
The feed drum protrudes forward from the draper back sheets, improving the crop handoff from the draper side belts.
In some crop conditions, crop can hesitate at the corners of the feed drum and the retractable drum fingers keep the crop moving into the combine.
Double-cut knife system produces a cleaner cut
All John Deere 600D Drapers include a double-cut knife which features a hydraulic tilt that is controlled from inside the cab. All 10.6-m (35-ft) and 12.1-m (40-ft) draper cutterbars also have knifeback reinforcement straps to strengthen the knifeback.
- Longer stroke of knife section provides a faster, cleaner, and smoother cut which allows operators to harvest at faster ground speeds maximizing productivity
- Reinforced knifeback strengthens cutterbar for tough harvesting conditions maximizing performance
- Hardened sickle sections and unique boron treatment extends wear life
- Hydraulic tilt optimizes the cutterbar angle for varying conditions, extending the harvest day and providing the lowest-possible cut height
Theory of Operation:
The 100-mm (4-in.) cutting action produces a cleaner cut versus the tearing effect of shorter-stroke cutting systems. Knife hold-downs are easily adjusted to help maintain harvesting performance.
The cutterbar hydraulic tilt adjusts a full 8 degrees while maintaining excellent visibility to the cutterbar throughout the tilt range. For improved ease of use the optional advanced hydro handle can be configured to control the platform tilt.
Takes only one person a few minutes to convert draper from field to transport without use of tools
The 630D, 635D, and the 640D Draper models can be equipped with an integral, slow-speed transport system.
- Dual-front dolly wheel tires with an extendable tongue and two-gauge wheel tires carry the complete weight of the draper when in transport, eliminating the need for a header trailer
- One person can convert the draper from field to transport mode in a few minutes without the use of tools, expediting road transport
Theory of Operation:
In field mode, the dual wheels become the left- and right-hand gauge wheels. For transport, the left-hand dual-dolly wheels support one side of the draper frame and the right-hand dual wheels are repositioned to support the right-hand end of the frame.
The transport package includes warning lights, which can be plugged into a seven-way power source for road transport with a 32.2-km/h (20-mph) speed limit for farm equipment transport.
NOTE: The 630D, 635D, and the 640D Drapers are equipped with two 20.5 x 8.0 12-ply equivalent gauge wheel tires as base equipment and four 20.5 x 8.0 12-ply equivalent gauge wheels with the low-speed transport option.
Reel resume and reverse are updated features on 600D Drapers
Reel resume and reverse are updated features on the 600D Drapers.
The combine operator can store two different reel positions with one setting for normal conditions and another for down, tangled, short, leaning crops.
The reel-reverse feature reverses the reel in conjunction with the center feed drum and belt to back out plugs.
Cutterbar full-width skid shoes protect bottom of platform
Lateral tilt feederhouse enhances 600D HydraFloat™ system performance
HydraFloat allows the operator to change the hydraulic pressure required from the cab to float the header. As ground conditions change, the operator can increase or decrease the flotation capability of the header to match operating conditions. A lateral-tilt feederhouse is highly recommended for use with 600D Series Draper Platforms as it allows operators to obtain the full benefit and capabilities of the automatic header-leveling system on sloping or uneven terrain.
- The HydraFloat system has a usable float range of 6 degrees reducing header loss
- Lateral tilt feederhouse adds an additional 4 degrees of lateral tilt, increasing the total float range to 10 degrees, which is unmatched in the industry
- Combined, these features allow operators to harvest on aggressive side slopes or uneven terrain
Theory of Operation:
The hydraulic control adds productivity, as the operator no longer has to estimate how close the header is to the ground. The operator simply selects the preset height from inside the cab.
Together, these two features provide key competitive advantages in performance and ease of operation.
All other small-grain draper platforms in the industry utilize either springs or air bags to laterally tilt the platform and follow ground contours. This technology worked well in the past but has always been a reactive technology and not an active technology. The 600D HydraFloat system with integrated header height sensing along with a lateral tilt feederhouse offers unmatched ground-following capability that no other draper platform can match.
Because the 600D active technology is integrated with operation of the lateral tilt system, the adjustments happen automatically; no operator interaction is needed.
For operators considering moving up to larger-width draper platforms, the teaming of HydraFloat and a lateral tilting feederhouse becomes more advantageous for the wider-width platforms cutting over uneven and rolling ground terrain.
Dual-knife drive system is timed
The unique dual-knife-drive system is timed, creating the smoothest-possible reciprocating knife-drive system currently in the industry. The positive, reliable shaft-driven dual epicyclical in-line knife drives with built-in driveline protection provide operators with the strongest knife-drive system.
HydraFloat™ integrated suspension system improves ground following
The feature of this system is that while sensing on the ground, the operator can, from the cab, change the hydraulic pressure required to float the header over the ground. As ground conditions change, the operator can increase or decrease the flotation capability of the header to match operating conditions.
These features are possible due to the hydraulic design of the system. The operator is able to use the hydraulics of the combine and head to match operating conditions.
The hydraulics add ease of operation because they are integrated into the design of John Deere combines, enabling operators to make in-cab adjustments. They also add productivity, as the operator no longer has to estimate how close the header is to the ground. The operator simply selects the preset height.
The lateral tilt feederhouse is highly recommended for use with 600D Series Draper Platforms.
Request a Quote
Error, ensure all information is entered
Your content has been submitted
The information on this page is correct at time of publish and as per John Deere Aus. We reserve the right to change content at any time without prior notice. For more information please contact us.
Last Updated :
October 11,2018 05:46:18 Central Daylight Time